The Occupational Certificate: Boilermaker is a qualification aimed at preparing learners to work in the field of boilermaking, which involves marking off and fabricating structural steel and other metal stock, and making or repairing metal products and structures, including but not limited to various types of vessels, equipment, and heavy-duty metal structures. This qualification has a focus on interpreting complex drawings, layout and development of metal components, and manipulation of metal materials to produce usable components as per design requirements.
What Will You Learn?
- Interpreting drawings and developing patterns and templates.
- Selecting, caring for, and using/operating trade-related hand tools, equipment, and machines.
- Cutting and welding materials and components for fabrication.
- Fabricating components and/or structures.
- Erecting and assembling plate and pipe components and structures.