This 3-day course focuses on Check Point Security Gateway and Management Software Blades configuration. It aims to provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of the basic concepts and skills needed to effectively manage security using Check Point’s R80.10 platform. With the proliferation of connected devices, cloud computing, and evolving threats, security management has become more complex. However, with R80.10, security consolidation is achieved by centralizing all security protections and functions. By completing this course, participants will gain the knowledge and skills required to configure Check Point Security Gateway and Management Software Blades, enabling them to streamline and enhance security management in their organization.
What Will You Learn?
- Upon completion of this course, students will have the ability to:
- 1. Interpret the concept of a Firewall and understand the mechanisms used for controlling network traffic: Gain a clear understanding of firewalls and the various techniques employed to regulate network traffic.
- 2. Describe the key elements of Check Point's unified Security Management Architecture: Understand the components and architecture of Check Point's unified Security Management system.
- 3. Recognize SmartConsole features, functions, and tools: Familiarize oneself with the features, functions, and tools available in the SmartConsole, Check Point's management interface.
- 4. Understand Check Point deployment options: Comprehend the different deployment options available for implementing Check Point security solutions.
- 5. Describe the basic functions of Gaia: Gain knowledge of the essential functionalities and capabilities of Gaia, Check Point's operating system.
- 6. Describe the essential elements of a Security Policy: Understand the key components and elements involved in creating an effective Security Policy.
- 7. Understand how traffic inspection takes place in a unified Security Policy: Grasp the concept of traffic inspection and how it is implemented within a unified Security Policy.
- 8. Summarize how administration roles and permissions assist in managing policy: Understand the role-based access control system and how it facilitates efficient policy management.
- 9. Recall how to implement backup techniques: Learn the techniques for implementing backup solutions to ensure data and configuration integrity.
- 10. Understand the Check Point policy layer concept: Comprehend the policy layering concept within Check Point's Security Management architecture.
- 11. Recognize Check Point security solutions and products and how they work to protect your network: Gain familiarity with Check Point's security solutions and products, as well as their functionalities in safeguarding network infrastructure.
- 12. Understand licensing and contract requirements for Check Point security products: Acquire knowledge about licensing and contract obligations associated with Check Point security products.
- 13. Identify tools designed to monitor data, determine threats, and recognize performance improvements: Become familiar with monitoring tools for data analysis, threat detection, and performance optimization.
- 14. Identify tools designed to respond quickly and efficiently to changes in gateways, tunnels, remote users, traffic flow patterns, and other activities: Recognize tools that enable prompt and efficient response to changes and updates in network infrastructure.
- 15. Understand Site-to-Site and Remote Access VPN deployments and communities: Gain knowledge of Site-to-Site and Remote Access VPN deployments and the concept of VPN communities.
- 16. Understand how to analyze and interpret VPN traffic: Develop the skills to analyze and interpret VPN traffic for troubleshooting and security purposes.
- 17. Recognize how to define users and user groups: Understand the process of defining users and user groups within Check Point's Security Management system.
- 18. Understand how to manage user access for internal and external users: Acquire knowledge of managing user access permissions and privileges for both internal and external users.
- 19. Understand the basic concepts of ClusterXL technology and its advantages: Gain an understanding of ClusterXL technology, its benefits, and its role in high availability and load balancing.
- 20. Understand how to perform periodic administrator tasks as specified in administrator job descriptions: Learn about the essential periodic administrative tasks outlined in job descriptions for Check Point administrators.