The Check Point Certified Security Engineering course is an intensive 3-day training program that focuses on advanced skills and knowledge required for building, modifying, deploying, and troubleshooting Check Point Security systems. Through this course, participants will enhance their expertise in configuring and effectively managing Check Point Next Generation Firewalls.
By completing this course, participants will validate their understanding and skills in working with Check Point Security systems. They will gain proficiency in configuring and optimizing Check Point Next Generation Firewalls, enabling them to effectively secure and protect network infrastructure.
Throughout the course, participants will engage in hands-on exercises and practical scenarios to reinforce their learning. They will learn advanced techniques for deploying and troubleshooting Check Point Security systems, gaining valuable insights into the intricacies of firewall management and optimization.
The Check Point Certified Security Engineering course is designed to provide participants with the necessary skills and knowledge to confidently manage and maintain Check Point Next Generation Firewalls. It serves as a validation of their expertise in configuring and optimizing these security systems, ensuring they are well-equipped to handle complex security challenges in their organizations.
What Will You Learn?
- Upon completion of this course, students will have the ability to:
- 1. Identify advanced CLI commands: Gain proficiency in utilizing advanced Command Line Interface (CLI) commands for Check Point Security systems.
- 2. Understand system management procedures, including system upgrades, patches, and hotfixes: Learn the necessary procedures for managing Check Point systems, including performing system upgrades and applying patches and hotfixes.
- 3. Describe the Check Point Firewall infrastructure: Gain a comprehensive understanding of the architecture and components of the Check Point Firewall infrastructure.
- 4. Describe advanced methods of gathering important gateway data using CPView and CPInfo: Learn advanced techniques for collecting and analyzing critical gateway data using Check Point tools like CPView and CPInfo.
- 5. Recognize how Check Point's flexible API architecture supports automation and orchestration: Understand how Check Point's API architecture enables automation and orchestration of security processes and tasks.
- 6. Discuss advanced ClusterXL functions: Gain in-depth knowledge of advanced functions and features of Check Point's ClusterXL, a high-availability solution for network security.
- 7. Describe VRRP network redundancy advantages: Understand the advantages of Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP) for achieving network redundancy in Check Point deployments.
- 8. Understand how SecureXL acceleration technology enhances performance: Comprehend how SecureXL acceleration technology is used to improve the performance and efficiency of Check Point Security systems.
- 9. Understand how CoreXL acceleration technology enhances performance: Gain an understanding of how CoreXL acceleration technology optimizes performance and scalability in Check Point Security systems.
- 10. Identify the SmartEvent components that store network activity logs and identify events: Recognize the components of Check Point's SmartEvent solution that store network activity logs and identify security events.
- 11. Discuss the SmartEvent process for detecting and preventing security threats: Understand the process followed by SmartEvent to analyze network activities and identify potential security threats.
- 12. Understand how SmartEvent assists in detecting, remediating, and preventing security threats: Comprehend the role of SmartEvent in detecting, remediating, and preventing security threats through advanced analytics and response capabilities.
- 13. Discuss the Mobile Access Software Blade and its role in securing communication and data: Explore the features and capabilities of Check Point's Mobile Access Software Blade for securing communication and data on mobile devices.
- 14. Understand Mobile Access deployment options: Gain knowledge of different deployment options available for Check Point's Mobile Access solution.
- 15. Recognize Check Point Remote Access solutions: Understand the various Check Point Remote Access solutions available for secure remote connectivity.
- 16. Discuss Check Point Capsule components and their role in protecting mobile devices and business documents: Explore the components of Check Point Capsule and how they provide security for mobile devices and protect business documents.
- 17. Discuss different Check Point solutions for attacks such as zero-day and Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs): Learn about Check Point's solutions for detecting and mitigating attacks, including zero-day threats and Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs).
- 18. Understand how SandBlast, Threat Emulation, and Threat Extraction prevent security incidents: Gain an understanding of how Check Point's SandBlast technology, Threat Emulation, and Threat Extraction features prevent security incidents by identifying and neutralizing threats.
- 19. Identify how Check Point Mobile Threat Prevention helps protect data accessed on company-issued mobile devices: Learn about Check Point Mobile Threat Prevention and how it helps protect sensitive data accessed on organization-issued smartphones and tablets.
- By achieving these learning outcomes, students will enhance their expertise in advanced configuration, troubleshooting, and management of Check Point Security systems. They will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to effectively secure networks, prevent security incidents, and protect critical data using Check Point's comprehensive suite of solutions.