The CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) course is designed to provide an international, vendor-neutral cybersecurity certification that focuses on applying behavioural analytics to enhance IT security. This course validates the knowledge and skills necessary to prevent, detect, and respond to cybersecurity threats effectively.
The CySA+ course covers the responsibilities of professionals involved in monitoring and detecting security incidents in information systems and networks, as well as executing appropriate incident response measures. Whether working independently or as part of a cybersecurity incident response team (CSIRT), these professionals play a crucial role in safeguarding organizational assets.
Throughout the course, delegates will learn about various tools and tactics used to manage cybersecurity risks, identify common threat types, evaluate the organization’s security posture, gather and analyze cybersecurity intelligence, and effectively handle security incidents in real time. The course emphasizes a comprehensive approach to security, equipping delegates on the front lines of defence with the necessary skills and knowledge.
What Will You Learn?
- After completing the CompTIA CySA+ course, delegates will possess the skills and knowledge to:
- - Assess information security risks in computing and network environments.
- - Analyze the cybersecurity threat landscape.
- - Analyze reconnaissance threats targeting computing and network environments.
- - Analyze attacks directed at computing and network environments.
- - Analyze post-attack techniques employed in computing and network environments.
- - Implement a vulnerability management program.
- - Evaluate the security of the organization through penetration testing.
- - Collect cybersecurity intelligence.
- - Analyze data collected from security and event logs.
- - Perform active analysis on assets and networks.
- - Respond to cybersecurity incidents.
- - Investigate cybersecurity incidents.
- - Address security issues within the organization's technology architecture.