This course provides an introduction to penetration testing concepts and methodologies. Delegates will learn how to effectively plan, analyze, and report on penetration tests. The course is designed to align with the objectives of the CompTIA PenTest+ certification exam (PT0-001). It covers the necessary content and activities that correlate to the exam objectives, making it a valuable resource for exam preparation.
What Will You Learn?
- After completing this course, students will have the ability to:
- - Plan and scope penetration tests, determining the objectives and scope of the testing process.
- - Conduct passive reconnaissance, gathering information about the target without directly engaging with it.
- - Perform non-technical tests to gather information, such as social engineering and physical security assessments.
- - Conduct active reconnaissance, actively scanning and probing the target to gather information.
- - Analyze vulnerabilities, identifying weaknesses in the target's systems and infrastructure.
- - Penetrate networks, exploiting vulnerabilities to gain unauthorized access to the target's network.
- - Exploit host-based vulnerabilities, taking advantage of weaknesses in individual systems.
- - Test applications, assessing the security of software applications and identifying potential vulnerabilities.
- - Complete post-exploit tasks, maintaining access and conducting further exploration of the target's systems.
- - Analyze and report pen test results, documenting the findings and providing recommendations for improving security.
- These skills will enable students to effectively conduct penetration tests, identify security vulnerabilities, and provide valuable insights and recommendations to improve the overall security posture of an organization.