CompTIA Server+ certification validates your expertise in working with the most widely used server and storage systems in the IT industry. This certification demonstrates a strong knowledge foundation, bridging the skills gap and providing the practical experience that businesses demand.
The CompTIA Server+ course builds upon your existing professional experience in supporting personal computer hardware and equips you with the next level of skills and concepts needed to administer various types of network servers. Whether your job responsibilities involve troubleshooting, installation, or maintenance of servers, or if you are aspiring for a career in the field of network servers, this course equips you with the essential knowledge and skills to excel in your role.
By completing this course, you will gain the necessary expertise to effectively administer network servers and handle a wide range of tasks. It will enhance your ability to troubleshoot server issues, perform installations, and carry out server maintenance. This comprehensive course equips you with the fundamental knowledge and skills required to excel in any network server-related role.
Obtaining the CompTIA Server+ certification not only boosts your professional credibility but also demonstrates your competence in working with server systems, providing you with a competitive edge in the IT industry.
What Will You Learn?
- Upon completing this course, students will possess the skills and knowledge to:
- 1. Manage server hardware: Students will be able to effectively handle server hardware components, including installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- 2. Install server hardware and operating systems: Students will learn how to install and configure server hardware and operating systems, ensuring proper functionality and compatibility.
- 3. Configure networking hardware and protocols: Students will gain the ability to set up and manage networking hardware, as well as configure protocols to enable network connectivity.
- 4. Create a virtual server environment: Students will understand virtualization technologies and be able to create and manage virtual server environments using industry-standard tools.
- 5. Perform basic server configuration tasks: Students will acquire the skills to perform essential server configuration tasks, such as setting up user accounts, managing permissions, and implementing security measures.
- 6. Administer servers: Students will learn how to administer servers by monitoring performance, managing resources, and implementing necessary updates and patches.
- 7. Implement server storage solutions: Students will be able to configure and manage server storage solutions, including RAID configurations, network-attached storage (NAS), and storage area networks (SANs).
- 8. Secure the server: Students will understand server security best practices and be able to implement security measures to protect servers from potential threats and vulnerabilities.
- 9. Plan and test disaster recovery: Students will gain knowledge of disaster recovery planning and testing methodologies to ensure business continuity in the event of server failures or disruptions.
- 10. Troubleshoot server issues: Students will develop troubleshooting skills to identify and resolve common server issues, ensuring optimal server performance and reliability.
- By mastering these competencies, students will be well-equipped to effectively manage, configure, and troubleshoot server systems, providing them with valuable expertise in the field of server administration.