The “Configuring Cisco MDS 9000 Series Switches (DCMDS) v3.1” course is designed to provide comprehensive knowledge about the deployment, management, and troubleshooting of Cisco MDS 9000 Series Switches, which are crucial for establishing resilient and scalable storage networks. Through expert-led sessions and extensive practical exercises, you’ll delve into the implementation and usage of features such as Virtual Storage Area Networks (VSANs), Role-Based Access Control (RBAC), N-Port Virtualization (NPV), fabric security, zoning, NX-API automation, Slow Drain Analysis, SAN analytics, Fibre Channel over TCP/IP (FCIP) tunnels, and much more. The course also encompasses the configuration of platform-specific functionalities and imparts crucial troubleshooting strategies related to Fibre Channel (FC) domains, firmware updates, zones, and zone mergers.
- Optimize Data Center Performance: Equip yourself with the skills to deploy and troubleshoot Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches, ensuring robust performance, resilience, scalability, and optimized operations within data centers.
- Hands-on Learning Experience: Benefit from Cisco’s distinctive teaching approach, which integrates theoretical lessons with hands-on exercises using top-notch Cisco learning tools, data center hardware, and software.
- Thrive in Data Center Operations: With the expertise gained from this course, you’ll be better positioned to excel in the challenging landscape of contemporary data center operational roles.
What Will You Learn?
- Upon the successful completion of this course, participants will have gained the proficiency to:
- Understanding Cisco MDS Platform: Recognize and elucidate the Cisco Multilayer Director Switch (MDS) platform which encompasses multilayer switches and directors. Acquire knowledge about MDS hardware, the NX-OS operating system, the Data Center Network Manager (DCNM) management tool, and primary platform architectures like FC and Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE).
- Feature Exploration: Grasp the key functionalities of the MDS platform, which include Virtual Storage Area Networks (VSANs), Role-Based Access Control (RBAC), N-Port Virtualization (NPV), port channels, zoning, device aliases, inter-VSAN routing (IVR), and fabric security.
- Configuration and Implementation: Develop skills to configure and deploy the Cisco MDS switches and platform-specific features. This entails tasks such as initial setup, fabric creation, SAN extension development, and the configuration of inter-VSAN routing.
- FCIP Tunnel Configuration: Become adept at setting up FCIP tunnels to ensure secure and efficient data transfer over IP networks.
- Troubleshooting Expertise: Attain the ability to diagnose and resolve challenges associated with FC domains, zones, zone mergers, as well as managing switch boot processes and firmware updates.