The National Diploma: Human Resources Management and Practices is a structured qualification aimed at individuals aspiring to operationalize core processes and practices in human resources management across four role clusters: strategic planning, acquisition, development and utilization of people, establishment and improvement of labour and employee relations, and compensation and administration related to HR management and practices. The diploma, registered at NQF Level 5, integrates these processes into an organization’s business operations, providing a pathway to further learning programs for a generalist degree in Human Resources Management and Practices, and potentially serving as a requirement for professional registration at the associate level.
What Will You Learn?
- Coordinating and contributing to the management of HR processes.
- Providing input for policy development and participating in procedure creation for HR processes.
- Recruiting and inducting new employees.
- Contributing to employee development.
- Supervising work units and managing individual and team performance.
- Contributing to the establishment and improvement of labour and employee relations.
- Establishing, maintaining, and utilizing HR information systems.
- Promoting best HR management practices within an organization.
- Monitoring health and safety at the workplace.
- Identifying and evaluating strengths and areas for improvement in own learning and organizational HR management practices.