The Occupational Certificate: Community Development Worker program is designed to equip learners with the requisite knowledge and skills to operate effectively in community development roles. The course helps learners acquire capabilities essential for collecting and disseminating relevant community information, promoting social cohesion, and supporting community development initiatives. Through a blend of knowledge, practical skills, and work experience modules, the course prepares learners to contribute meaningfully towards the National Development Plan by mobilizing stakeholders and aiding in the development and implementation of integrated community developmental plans aligned with national priorities.
What Will You Learn?
- Collecting, verifying, and providing pertinent community information to support community development initiatives.
- Operating ethically and professionally in various group settings, forums, and community engagements.
- Communicating community concerns, fears, and needs effectively to relevant institutions and stakeholders.
- Compiling integrated community and household profiles to understand and address the community's needs better.
- Identifying capacity challenges within community structures and recommending appropriate interventions.
- Participating in collaborative community dialogues and engagements, facilitating meetings, and mobilizing community support for identified initiatives.
- Gaining exposure to different community settings, coordination of community forums, and capacity building processes.