The primary objective of this qualification is to prepare learners for the role of a Community Development Worker. Community Development Workers are equipped to engage in activities and initiatives aimed at enhancing the well-being, empowerment, and development of communities. Their work involves collaborating with community members to identify needs, plan and implement projects, and mobilize resources to address various social, economic, and environmental challenges faced by communities.
What Will You Learn?
- Upon successful completion of this qualification, a qualified learner will have the capacity to:
- 1. **Community Information Management**: Collect pertinent information from communities and disseminate accurate information relevant to their community development initiatives, supporting the planning and execution of these initiatives.
- 2. **Effective Group Work**: Work effectively in groups, teams, and forums, demonstrating ethical and professional conduct in data collection and the coordination of forums and meetings.
- 3. **Community Advocacy**: Effectively convey the fears, concerns, and needs of the community to the relevant institutions, structures, and forums, advocating for community interests.
- 4. **Profile Compilation**: Compile comprehensive community and household profiles, consolidating information to aid in community development planning and implementation.
- In essence, this qualification equips learners with the skills and knowledge necessary to collect, manage, and disseminate community information, collaborate effectively in group settings, advocate for community needs, and create integrated community and household profiles to support community development initiatives.