The objective of this qualification is to provide learners with the knowledge and skills required to function effectively as a professional Diesel Mechanic. Upon successful completion, a qualified learner will possess the ability to:
1. Conduct preventative and scheduled maintenance on diesel vehicles.
2. Disassemble, inspect, evaluate, repair, and reassemble diesel engine and vehicle system components.
3. Identify and rectify faults in diesel engine and vehicle systems, as well as their individual components through diagnostic and repair procedures.
What Will You Learn?
- The Occupational Certificate in Diesel Mechanics is designed to provide learners with the skills and knowledge necessary to efficiently and cost-effectively operate various vehicles. These vehicles encompass trucks, buses, fire engines, as well as specialized equipment like drill rigs and battlefield vehicles. They are utilized by a wide range of private and public enterprises, including small, medium, and large organizations involved in the transportation of goods and passengers. To ensure road safety and compliance with environmental standards, it is crucial for these vehicles to function effectively and be well-maintained.
- This program trains learners to perform a multitude of skilled tasks as Diesel Mechanics. Their role contributes significantly to the success of businesses, whether they are employed by organizations managing fleets, engaged in maintenance and repair services, or working in dealerships and independent workshops. Diesel Mechanics play a crucial part in ensuring that vehicles operate efficiently, safely, and in accordance with regulatory standards, making them an essential component of the transportation industry.