The objective of this qualification is to prepare learners to work as Early Childhood Development Practitioners. Early Childhood Development Practitioners are responsible for planning and organizing activities for young children, facilitating and mediating their learning experiences, observing and assessing their progress, and reflecting on their learning within an inclusive and play-based environment. This role aims to support the holistic development of children, starting from conception and continuing through their school years, within various settings, whether center-based or non-center based.
What Will You Learn?
- Upon successful completion of this qualification, a qualified learner will have the ability to:
- 1. **Curriculum Planning**: Plan and prepare a comprehensive learning environment and engaging activities that cater to the holistic needs of all children, whether in center-based or non-center-based settings.
- 2. **Program Facilitation**: Effectively facilitate and mediate all aspects of the daily program in center-based or non-center-based settings, ensuring children's engagement and development.
- 3. **Child Progress Assessment**: Observe, assess, and document the progress of each child in accordance with their age and developmental stage.
- 4. **Progress Reporting**: Compile detailed progress reports for each child to communicate their development to relevant stakeholders.
- 5. **Child Well-being**: Maintain and enhance the well-being, health, nutrition, safety, and protection of children, creating a safe and nurturing environment for their growth and development.
- In summary, this qualification equips learners with the skills and knowledge necessary to plan and facilitate early childhood learning experiences, assess and report on children's progress, and prioritize the well-being and safety of young children in various settings.