The primary purpose of this qualification is to provide Public Administrators with essential skills and knowledge required to operate effectively within the public sector. It is structured to equip learners with the abilities to manage, organize, and assess the impacts of government policies. Additionally, learners will acquire the expertise to utilize business and statistical tools for resolving challenges within the public sector while maintaining ethical standards. The curriculum includes the development of skills in budgeting and conducting research, enabling individuals to contribute meaningfully to the efficient functioning of public administration.
What Will You Learn?
- The Occupational Certificate aims to enhance several essential functional aspects of the work of a Public Service Administrator, which encompass:
- 1. **Planning**: Developing a comprehensive outline of tasks and methodologies necessary to achieve the defined objectives of the enterprise.
- 2. **Organizing**: Establishing the formal structure of authority within which work divisions are structured, defined, and coordinated to meet specific goals.
- 3. **Staffing**: Managing the entire personnel function, including recruitment, training, and maintaining favorable working conditions for staff members.
- 4. **Directing**: Continuously making decisions, translating them into specific and general orders, and serving as the leader of the organization.
- 5. **Coordinating**: Ensuring the effective interrelation of various parts of the work, acting as the common thread that connects all organizational activities.
- 6. **Reporting**: Keeping those individuals to whom the executive is accountable informed about ongoing developments. This also includes maintaining awareness through records, research, and inspections.
- 7. **Budgeting**: Managing all aspects related to budgeting, encompassing planning, accounting, and control activities within the organization.